Blogger Widgets

Monday 24 December 2012

Easy Makeup For Glasses #1

Hey everybody !! So, 80 % of the time you'll see me wearing glasses because I rarely wear contacts....glasses are easy, handy and look super chic too....so today I am going to show you a simple makeup look which is perfect to wear with glasses....you should always wear glasses that suit your facial shape and does not make your face look small or sunken....

so, without further ado lets go ahead and get started,


STEP A)


1. Moisturize

First of all clean your face, apply your toner and then apply your favorite moisturizer, I am using my Neutrogena oil free moisturizer, I had also mentioned it in my November favorites HERE

2. Primer ,foundation, concealer and powder

A primer is a very important step in your makeup routine as it helps the foundation to stay on a little longer and spread smoothly. I am using Inglot under makeup base here. I do not like to use foundation on a daily basis, I am happy with my concealer and bb cream for everyday use. For concealer I am using Revlon photoready concealer which is also my current love. For powder I am using my Rimmel stay matte pressed powder.

NOTE: Always make sure you hide your dark circles completely when you apply your glasses because dark circles tend to get highlighted when you wear glasses

Blush

Don't over do the blush as you want your glasses to be the center of attention. I apply a slight hint of pink with my maybelline dream mousse blush in soft plum

STEP B)

Your eyebrows frame your face, specially when you are wearing glasses, so fill in your brows if you have any sparse areas and set them with a gel if you have feathery eyebrows like mine...I am using oriflame's eye brow pencil and nyx's brow gel


STEP C) 



1. Apply an eyeshadow primer on your eyelid and spread evenly, I am using faces metallic eyeshadow primer

2. Now taking a flat shader brush, apply a color close to your skin tone all over your eyelid, I am taking this nude color from my rimmel quad in sun safari

3. Taking a soft pink color apply this on your crease in a wiper motion and blend. I am using this pink from my latest palette which i bought a few days back....you can see the haul HERE

4. Now apply a pencil liner close to your lash line... don't take a smudge free liner as we are going to smudge it.Also, apply some on your lower lashline as well. I am using my revlon pencil liner here

5. Smudge the line using a smudge brush or a pencil brush or a cotton bud..


6. Apply kohl on your water line and tightline

7. Now curl your lashes and apply mascara...keep in mind to use a volumizing rather than lengthening mascara..I am using my favorite colossal volume express mascara



STEP D)

Apply a shade close to your skin tone, you can add a pop of color on your lips if you have nothing going on, on your eyes but since we have applied shadow on our eyes we need to keep the lips lighter for a day time look. I am using my colorbar take me as i am lip color in flirtatious pink and maybelline water shine gloss



and...you are done.....I hope you like this look..please let me know in the comments below if you have any suggestions.

SOME TIPS TO KEEP IN MIND :

1. Decide whether you want a pop of color on the lips or draw attention to the eyes..keep one of the things muted

2. Do not apply too much on the eyes as we want the frames to be the centre of attention

3. girls wearing glasses have problem of creasing and sweating around the nose, so make sure you apply enough powder to set it.

4. eyes of myopic people look smaller with glasses and hyperopic people look bigger with glasses, so do your makeup accordingly

5. don't wear harsh eyeliner, apply it according to the thickness of your frames.

xoxo prayati 










22 comments:

  1. Great tips :) If only I found them during my school days.. I looked hideous with kajal and glasses :P
    Will use these tips when I switch back to glasses.. I find contacts much more comfortable :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. yea...i used to apply contacts till now but the doctor said my eyes are getting dry due to this mumbai weather...i'll consider going for lazik maybe after a year :)

      Delete
  2. hey Prayati.. you look so pretty with glasses.:)
    I liked the makeup and especially the eye makeup.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the Post Prayati!! n u look so pretty.. love the eye make up esp.. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Nice post!!I specially love the eye makeup!!
    Win a gorgeous bag from Tosca by clicking HERE

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very good eye makeup yaar.! :) Ur eyes look beautiful :) Love to see more EOTD tutorials... :)

    check out my recent eye makeup
    http://meruslife.blogspot.in/2012/11/bronze-eyes.html

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thankyou so much..checking out your blog :)

      Delete
  6. nice luks prayati
    ur face luks clrly brightened :)
    it's natural yet radiant

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanku soo much for your kind words vish :)

      Delete
  7. NIce tips..... I don't wear glasses.. but sure will suggest my friend who wear's...

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. thanks rajani...i hope your friends like it :)

      Delete
  8. Hi ,

    You look so beautiful in the pic. Thanks for sharing so many tips. After reading your post, now I got to know two more products which I was not aware of one is Primer and another is brow gel. Next time whenever I will go for makeup shopping, will surely buy both of this product.

    Thanks

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. i am glad i am able to help you in some way bhabi :) thanks a lot

      Delete
  9. Replies
    1. thank you soo much :)
      and thanks for joining my blog

      Delete
  10. I loved as much аs yοu will receive carriеd out right
    herе. Thе sketch is attractiѵe, уour authоred
    material ѕtylish. nonetheleѕѕ, you cοmmand get bought an neгvousness оveг that you wіsh bе delіveгing thе fοllowing.
    unwell unquestіonably come more formerly
    agаin since exactly the same nearly very often insiԁe cаse you ѕhіeld this hike.


    Here is my ρаge: auto insurance richardson
    Also visit my web-site dallas car insurance company

    ReplyDelete

please post a comment or suggestion and make my day... and don't forget to check back to see my reply :)
PLEASE DO NOT POST COMMENTS UNDER "ANONYMOUS" THEY WILL NOT BE PUBLISHED